Professional Interpreter Program Scholarship
Earning a certificate of completion from Virginia Institute of Interpreting (V.I.I.) opens the door to infinite new career possibilities using a skill set you already have: Being bilingual.
At V.I.I. we are passionate about language and learning. We have seen students graduate from our program with job offers waiting. We never want lack of funds to be a barrier for someone deserving or driven, which is why we’ve developed our Professional Interpreter Program Scholarship.
Recognizing students with a passion for language and determination to enter the professional interpreting industry, we are excited to offer an V.I.I. annual scholarship.
The winner of our annual scholarship will receive fully paid tuition to our Professional Interpreter Program.
Open the door to your future now.
Apply below by June 30th.
Are You Eligible?
To qualify for a V.I.I. scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be fully bilingual, including high proficiency in English
- Have no previous interpreting training, but may have informal experience, such as interpreting ad hoc for family members by virtue of their bilingual abilities
- Have a minimum of a high school degree or equivalent
- Demonstrate the need for financial aid (via tax returns upon request)
- Have the minimum technical setup required to take online courses, including a computer or another device connected to the Internet, a headset, and a microphone
- Commit to completing the course in its entirety and complying with all course requirements
- Agree for your name and likeness to be used in VII’s marketing materials.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
A panel of Virginia Institute staff who are also interpreters will be making the selection based on the information provided in the application form, via a voting process. The scholarship recipient will be notified via email and telephone.
Fill out and submit the scholarship application form below and supporting documents (as requested) by June 30th.
This application includes a 300-word minimum/500-word maximum essay in English as to how speaking a second language has enriched your life, and why you wish to become an interpreter.
A field for you to write and submit your essay is provided below.
The Scholarship winner will be announced August 1st.
The Professional Interpreter takes the student on a journey through awareness, knowledge and skills building. This course’s modular and interactive approach to teaching spoken language interpreting makes it easier for students to naturally add and sharpen their skills as they progress. The results are unparalleled listening skills, the ability to transfer language accurately, and the resources needed to work as a professional interpreter.
Immediately after graduating, students can successfully begin working as professional interpreters in a variety of sectors, including but not limited to:
- Social services
- Customer service
Continue to our scholarship application below.