If you are bilingual, our Interpreter Training Program will give you newfound earning potential as a professional public services interpreter.
By successfully completing your studies, you’ll acquire the advanced skills necessary to work as a qualified, professional interpreter for numerous institutions.
Clients and assignments might include:
- Working for national and international corporations
- Working for language services providers, on-site or remotely
- Assisting individuals and families with their social services interviews in order to qualify for Food Stamps and Medicaid
- Interpreting in foster care appointments or housing assistance appointments
- Helping refugee status seekers complete their application process
- Assisting in law enforcement situations
Of course, those are just a few examples. An entire new world of opportunities becomes available to you upon completion of this course, including a free listing in an employer-searchable database. See what we are all about! Watch our short video which takes you on a tour of the V.I.I. Interpreter Training Program and shows you just how easy it is to get started.
Let’s get you started. Enroll today!
This fully-interactive course is intended for bilingual individuals who wish to acquire spoken language interpreting skills and knowledge. Students who successfully complete the V.I.I. Interpreter Training Program will be qualified to interpret professionally in business and social services environments.
This course covers public services interpreting concepts and skills, including:
- Introduction to public services interpreting as a profession: Basic concepts
- Interpreting skills and techniques: Effective listening and concentration, short-term memory retention, shadowing, note-taking, sight translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting
- Ethics and standards: Expected professional behavior
- Interpreting as a business: Understanding the market, and how to gain employment as a professional interpreter
What does the Interpreter Training Program Cost?
At an affordable price of $995, students have full access to the V.I.I. Interpreter Training Program’s online materials, assessments and resources and optional instructor-led live sessions.
About the Language Proficiency Requirement:
V.I.I.’s Interpreter Training Program is a comprehensive interpreting course for individuals who are fluent in at least two spoken languages. Anyone who takes this course is required to demonstrate verbal fluency in their languages through a language assessment administered by a recognized testing institution with whom V.I.I. has partnered. (This test is already covered by your tuition). Students who already have proof of proficiency from accredited testing institutions will need to inform V.I.I. so that their credentials can be properly examined.